After patiently waiting for what seems like for-ev-er, we will finally get to meet our baby girl tomorrow! I'm officially 10 days past my due date, and Elle is still partying it up in my belly. Even though she seems quite comfy, this momma is not! These past two weeks have been pretty rough. I can't get comfortable anymore, walking short distances just from the couch to the bathroom is a challenge, and sleep has not been an option. Todd doesn't sleep anymore either. I kind of developed a snoring problem.. Oops. So I guess we're both pretty over this pregnancy thing. I know I can't really complain because up until this point it hasn't been too bad (But I do miss wine).
We are going to the hospital tonight at midnight to start the induction process. Our doctor gets back in town today from a week long vacay- just in time to deliver our baby. I like his style.. and Elle's. Apparently she thought it was important to wait for him. As much as I would have preferred to go into labor on my own, I can't wait it out any longer!
I know I will miss having my baby so close to me. There is nothing I love more than feeling her roll and tumble around in my belly. It is the most incredible feeling (sometimes not so much- her favorite move is to lodge her lil butt in my rib cage). However, there will be nothing more incredible than finally getting to see her sweet face!
Dear Elle~
Your daddy and I are so excited this day is finally here! Ever since hearing your heart beat for the first time 36 weeks ago, we have dreamed about meeting you. We've wondered who you will look like- if you will be blonde and green eyed like me or dark like your daddy. Will you be easy going and sweet like him as a baby, or sassy and feisty like I was. Either way, we are so ready to meet you. We can't wait to count 10 toes and 10 fingers, and have the doctor tell us you are healthy as can be!
My pregnancy with you these past 9 (let's be real- 10) months has been fairly easy! From the beginning, you've been an active baby. Every appointment it takes Dr Milek a little bit to find your heartbeat because you are such a wiggle worm! You always seemed to be enjoying yourself and maybe it's because of all the yummy treats you've been getting thanks to my cravings for Mr. Ronnie's, Chick fil A, Scarlet Scoop, and every other dessert you can imagine. I've definitely enjoyed myself too, but now it's time to move on to the next step and start our lives together as a family!
We love you! See ya soon baby girl!
Sweetest post ever. Next up...Elle's sweet face!!! Can't believe its "E" day! Let's get this party started!!
ReplyDelete