Wednesday, July 2, 2014

My Birthday Present Came Early

Birthdays just aren't that big of a deal to me anymore. Maybe that means I'm getting old. Or just lame. But Todd still insisted on making it fun. We took Elle with us to breakfast (after she had hers) and tried to come up with a game plan for the day. Everyone had plans to go on a boat and go swimming with stingrays and pigs on an island. As much as I would love to be a bikini 4 weeks after having a baby, I think I'd rather just hang back and do our own thing today. 

Meme & Lovie offer to watch the baby. So thankful for them! Mr. Timmy, Todd and I decide to take the golf cart and cruise the island. We explore for a bit and then grab lunch and a few drinks before heading home. Later that night, we cooked & they surprised me with a birthday cake! 

Being a mom is one of the most selfless things. You learn pretty quick that it's not about you anymore. And that's also the most rewarding thing! I think that's why I wasn't too into celebrating my birthday this year- but so sweet of Todd and his family to make it special for me anyway. Feeling very blessed. 


Morning shift


All dressed up and ready for breakfast!


Making some drinks before our cruise



These two were quite content at home with Meme & Lovie!




The best birthday present ever. 




No comments:

Post a Comment