Wednesday, June 18, 2014

First Trip to Nola

Today Kate, Johnny & Elle need to get their passports in New Orleans so we decide to make a day out of it! After double and triple checking we have all our documents & ids, we get on the road.. But late of course. Things only went downhill from there...

1.When we pull up, Elle is still sleeping in her car seat. I decide it's a good idea to bring the stroller. No big deal, except we have no clue how it works. We pop open the base of the stroller but can't figure out how to attach the car seat. There's no time! I make Todd haul the car seat (heaviest one on the market) and Kate strolls the empty stroller. A whole lot of nonsense for walking a couple feet. We're obviously first timers.

2. As soon as we get there, we put Elle down next to Tyler & Kaitlynn so we can wait in line. I look back and see them both bent down over Elle. Apparently, we didn't have her head cushion adjusted correctly so she had been sleeping with her head at a 90 degree angle. Poor baby. We're so clueless. Thanks Uncle Tyla & Aunt Kaitlynn for the assistance!

3. Todd and I finally make it up to the window. Um, what do you mean we need her birth certificate? She's only 2 weeks old. It hasn't come in the mail yet! They tell us we'll have to get a temporary one printed and come back another day. Typical. Turns out Kate couldn't get hers either for a different reason. Is this a joke? Maybe a good lunch will cheer me up. 

4. It took forever- but we finally choose La Petite Grocery to eat. One of my favs. I'm so excited about this delicious meal. I feel like I deserve every glorious, fattening bite. If only. 10 minutes into the meal, Elle has an explosion all over both of us! I had 5 extra outfits for her because I'm not that much of an idiot.. But did not occur to me that I might need my own change of clothes. Looks like I'll just have to make it work! Lesson #167 learned. 

At least we were able to salvage the day with good company!

We'll be back in a few days to try again with the passports. Hopefully we'll have traveling with a newborn figured out by then. 





Cousins. Can't wait to see them interacting with each other!



They love their Aunt Kate! 


Uncle Tyla. 




No comments:

Post a Comment