Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Going Home


The nurses try to tell us we can stay a 3rd night, but we are ready to take our little bundle home. We'll be fine without their help, right? Once we start getting our things together, I immediately regret our decision. 

We can't dress her, or put her in her carseat without a nurses help. Because of her broken clavicle, I'm terrified of hurting her every time we move her. At this point, Todd bribes the nurse to come home with us. Tempting, but no thanks she says. Oh man. So now it really hits us. We have a baby! 

Halfway home we pull over at a gas station so I can breastfeed, which doesn't go well. I contemplate going back to Thibodaux and kidnapping my lactation consultant. Maybe Todd should've offered a more enticing bribe. By the time we make it to Yaya's, we are worn out. Lovie & Aunt Kate come by later to see Elle. Meanwhile, we try to get some rest. 

This mama thing is tough stuff, but her sweet face makes it all worth it. 





Taking over Yaya's bed! 


Elle. 



No comments:

Post a Comment